Jamestown Opera House
From the Ohio Cultural Facilities Commission web site.
Constructed in 1889, the Jamestown Opera House was the center of community activities for nearly 50 years. The facility is a significant example of a late-19th-century combination town hall, township house, and opera house. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, it also serves as an excellent example of the round-arched Richardsonian Romanesque style of the 1880s. Two prior state appropriations totaling $225,000 have been used for window replacements, exterior brick and fasade renovations, and HVAC and electrical upgrades.
The Jamestown Opera House received a third appropriation for $50,000 in Am. Sub. H.B. 699 of the 126th General Assembly, which have been used to help fund painting and plastering of the upstairs auditorium. The project received approval from the Commission in May 2007, and more than $39,000 was reimbursed during fiscal year 2009.
PO Box 162
Jamestown, OH 45335